Each saddle listing indicates if a trial period is offered or not.
If the seller offers a trial, the trial period begins when you receive the saddle. If
the seller does not offer a trial period, no returns are accepted. If there is a problem with the saddle, you must notify us within 12 hours of delivery.
The following applies ONLY to saddles that are listed as offering a 5 day trial period:
1) The customer is responsible for safe keeping of the saddle until the end of the trial period or until the saddle is received back with the seller. If the saddle is lost, stolen or broken, the full purchase price will be the responsibility of the customer. If the saddle is damaged or blemished, depreciation cost of damage or blemish or repair cost will be charged (Minimum 10%).
2) The 5 day trial begins the day the saddle is delivered. Before or upon completion of the 5 day trial, the customer must notify Direct Saddles if the saddle is to be returned. On the fifth day, the saddle becomes the property of the customer and no returns for any reason will be accepted.
3) Any saddle returned with excessive wear on the flaps, scratches in the leather, nicks or significant marks to any part of the saddle will automatically be assessed a minimum of 10% of the saddle’s value. If the saddle is extremely damaged, so that it will significantly affect the subsequent sale of the saddle, the full purchase price will be charged and the saddle will become the property of the customer.
4) All pre-owned saddles are sold as is. The 5 day trial is to give customers the opportunity to thoroughly inspect the saddle and fit for the horse and rider. There are no returns accepted after the 5th day after delivery.
5) Customers will not hold Highline Tack, LLC, its affiliated companies (“Direct Saddles”, “Highline Tack” and “Fineline Tack” or “we” or “us”) liable for any safety defects of the saddles. All saddles are sold in preowned condition and we offer a 5 day trial so that our customers have the opportunity to check over the saddles either themselves or with a trainer or saddler, if they wish to do so. Highline Tack LLC is not to be held liable for an injury caused by a defective or faulty saddle.
6) If you decide to send the saddle back after a trial, it must be in the possession of UPS (or affiliate UPS drop off points) and on its way back by the day after the end of the trial period. Please follow the instructions that you will receive via email. Use the return label provided and drop the saddle off at any UPS Store or UPS access point. Please note that the $75 outgoing shipping and the $75 incoming shipping fees (shipping fees include full insurance) will be deducted from your refund if you return a saddle from a trial.
7) Once the seller receives the saddle back, then we will refund your full payment (minus shipping costs) within 24 hours.